Wonderful tasting rice dish in a pot. A little spicy but very flavorable and delicious. I did some changes to the original recipe.
Adapted by TheWholesomeDish
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes (I blend them into thick liquid)
- 2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked parboiled rice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 chorizo sausage links, sliced into small bite size pieces (any sausage works as well)
- In a large skillet place cut up chorizo and fry until done. When done remove cooked sausage and add cut up onion fry under low heat adding all spices and stir until onions are ready.
- Add rice and stir well. Add the beans, diced tomatoes, and broth. Stir to combine. Cover the pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cool for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked sausage. Cover. Continue to simmer until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed about 10-15 minutes for white rice.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Uncover and let it rest for 5 minutes before you serve.