These muffins are delightful and healthy too. No refined sugar! This is a great breakfast on the go with a hint of chocolate. I like having lots of these around so I like to double this recipe. One thing I do differently is I add a little more liquid (milk) and I let the wet and dry soak for about 5 minutes before putting them in the muffin tin. Enjoy!
Adapted by OrganizeYourselfSkinny
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oat
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and the salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl mash the bananas and add the 2 eggs, whisk together with a fork and continue to add to it the maple syrup and vanilla until the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffin tins. Press the mixture down with a fork so all the oats are covered in a bit of liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- They freeze well for a quick on the go snack.